Pen and Ink: the Perfect Gift for Under Your Tree

Warning: this post is a shameless promotion for a collaborative effort of two of my favorite bloggers. Writer Dad and Blogger Dad have teamed up to offer a holiday gift that takes advantage of their combined super-hero-like talents. Standing alone, either of these talented bloggers can write (and sometimes draw) the pants off any ordinary website. Combined, they are a force to be reckoned with. (Are you excited yet, or is this corny drivel putting you to sleep?)

Pen and Ink

Now for the obligatory sales pitch:

The Spectacular Christmas Gift is officially termed Pen and Ink. It’s a custom created art project, perfect for that hard to buy for person on you holiday list. It’s also a heart warming gift for that special someone in your life. Heck, it would even be a great gift for yourself this year.

How It Works

Sean asks a few questions about what type of gift it will be, and pens a unique and beautiful snippet of prose, as only Writer Dad can. He then sends the cadenced creation off to Blogger Dad for a bit of custom artwork to accompany the prose. The result is a stunning one-of-a kind masterpiece.

I’ve already ordered mine. The poem is complete, and truly amazing. Sean worked in my boys’ names and more than a few references to all the things I love about Christmas on the farm. Dave is working on the artwork now and I’m all a-tingle with anticipation to see what he creates.

The Details

You can get your own Pen and Ink creation by contacting Sean or Dave directly, but the easiest way is to fill out the adorable contact form for Pen and Ink here.

The custom creation will cost you $50 for a digital file, and a little more if you want a print copy mailed to your home. For fun, you can also pay Sean an extra $10 and he’ll tell Dave repeatedly that the artwork is the wrong color, or the wrong size, or the wrong theme, and you can laugh with Sean as Dave pounds his head against the monitor and fixes it over and over and over. 😀

For me, this is one of those special gifts that becomes an instant family heirloom.

I know money is tight for most of us this year, and $50 may as well be $500. If you love the idea, but can’t part with the cash right now, send Sean or Dave an email and tell them how much you like the idea anyways. I think it’s a great gift and if they get enough of a positive response, they may offer it again next year. Plus, they put a lot of brain power into this concept and would love to hear your praises for the idea. Everyone needs a little encouragement, even super heroes of the Blogopolis. 😉

10 Responses to Pen and Ink: the Perfect Gift for Under Your Tree
  1. Writer Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 3:23 pm

And that Jamie is why you are the sweetheart of Blogopolis. Thanks for such a wonderful shout out. I not only adore what you said, but how you said it. My many, many, thanks.

I do have one correction, however. There is no additional charge for messing with Dave. That’s a BIG, giant freebie.

Thanks again, Jamie! Merry Christmas.

Writer Dad´s last spectacular blog post..Writer Dad in Rough Draft

2. Writer Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 10:23 am

Thanks again, Jamie! Merry Christmas.

Writer Dad´s last spectacular blog post..Writer Dad in Rough Draft

3. Blogger Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 6:39 pm

Jamie,
    Thank you very much for the lovely words and the sales pitch! I hadn’t expected that at all. Very awesome of you.

As for the extra $10 pestering fee, Sean is correct, it is a freebie. However, if you pay ME $10 extra, I will gladly send Sean’s prose back with comments such as, “Really? You want me to make art for this codswallop? Come back with better, man.”

Thanks again, Jamie!

Blogger Dad´s last spectacular blog post..The story garden part 2: Building a mystery

4. Blogger Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 1:39 pm

Jamie,

Thanks again, Jamie!

5. Writer Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 2:11 pm

Codswallop! Imagine my surprise when spell check let me go on that one. We have to find a way to slip that word into our next order, or ten.

Thanks again Jamie!

Writer Dad´s last spectacular blog post..Writer Dad in Rough Draft

6. Jamie Simmerman
    December 5, 2008 | 8:23 pm

OK, I had to go and look up codswallop, because I’m retarded like that. (It’s a British term for nonsense.)m I think I’ll have to use that one on my hubby tonight. He loves it when I fling words at him he’s never heard of. Usually he stares at me, shakes his head slightly, and walks away in silence. It’s priceless. 🙂

You are both very welcome. I think it’s a terrific idea and well worth spreading the word about.

I’m also very glad to hear the the harassment is free. That means I can spend all week crafting niggling emails to drive you both nuts! 😀

December 5, 2008 | 3:23 pm

8. Writer Dad
    December 6, 2008 | 1:40 am

We’ll be expecting them. : > )

Have a wonderful weekend Jamie.

Writer Dad´s last spectacular blog post..Writer Dad in Rough Draft

9. Writer Dad
    December 5, 2008 | 8:40 pm

We’ll be expecting them. : > )

Have a wonderful weekend Jamie.

Writer Dad´s last spectacular blog post..Writer Dad in Rough Draft